Picking the right transplanters for your operation can seem overwhelming. Don’t sweat it! Find out the answers to as many of the questions below before you call us and we’ll be happy to guide you in the direction that will be the most fitting for your operation.
- What crop will you be transplanting?
- Will you be transplanting bare root plants, cells or peat pots?
- What is the size of the plants (height, thickness of the stalk)?
- If cell type, give cell dimensions (L x W x H) and are the cells tapered?
- Are you planting through plastic mulch?
- Are you planting on beds? What is the height and how many rows on each beds?
- What is the desired spacing between plants in a row?
- What is the spacing between rows you wish to achieve?
- Do you want to apply water or fertilizer when you transplant?