POWELL MANUFACTURING CO. HARVESTERS
Model 6031 harvester
This harvester is a tractor 3-point hitch mounted harvester designed to cut the stalk at near ground level, orient the stalk perpendicular to the direction of travel, and positively convey it by a special “gripper” chain to a wagon or trailer which is pulled alongside the Powell harvester.
The self-contained hydraulic system is powered by the PTO of the tractor carrying the harvester.
- Weight- 2700 lbs.
- Tractor size- 8,000# (80 HP) minimum recommended
- 3-Point Hitch Required- Cat II Free Link / Cat III Free Link & Quick Hitch
- PTO required- 540 RPM
- Harvesting Speed- 0 – 2 3/4 MPH (approximately)
Harvesting Capacity- 2,000 per hour* (approximately)
- Manpower required- 1 for harvester tractor, 1 for wagon tractor
- Stalk cut-off saw- 20 in. diameter carbine tipped, direct drive
- Hydraulic- capacity 30 gallons
- Notching saw (optional)- 10 in. diameter carbide tipped, direct drive w/centering arms to notch stalk for hanging.