REDDICK PLASTIC MULCH LAYER
REDDICK PLASTIC MULCH LAYERS
*Please call us to spec the machine for your specific operation*
*60 Hp and up plastic mulch layers see Mechanical Transplanter Co. for smaller mulch layers.*
1, 2, and 3 Row machines available.
- Main frame—3”X3” square tool bar frame, quick hitch ready.
- ** Optional with fumigation—two back swept fumigation knives, heat treated. Additional knives may be needed depending on bed width. Shanks are spaced 10”-12” staggers. Shanks are shear bolt protected.
- Two 14” three way adjustable covering disc for covering the edge of mulch film. Mounted on floating gang pipes that are independent of each other to assure uniform coverage on unlevel ground.
- Two smooth press wheels with floating action for correct placement of plastic tuck.
- Plastic laying attachments include a double roller carriage for high speed roll conversion without stopping. Plastic tension is adjustable with tension spring.
- Press pan—3/16” steel reinforced with 1/2” UNHW liner material. Made to order. Crown is made into bed press. Many sizes are available:
- Example: 30” wide top 6” high (12” tuck) uses a 54” wide plastic. 30” wide top 8” high (12” tuck) uses a 60” wide plastic.
- Crown rollers insure fast and easy roll conversion along with improved bed definition.
- Bedding blades for gathering soil ahead of press pan.
- ** Optional with fumigation attachments—four cylinder rack for two methyl bromide cylinders and one nitrogen cylinder.
- Manual lift row markers used for alternating beds during operation. (Optional hydraulic markers available upon request)
- Weight approximately 1600 lbs.